The front-end development lead is responsible for managing a team of developers while influencing the technical direction of our SaaS platform. Staying up to date on technology trends is a vital component of this role, as well as implementing industry best practices. A strong focus will be put on addressing application security and code quality in all stages of the development lifecycle.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to complete the following:
- Participate in application design and architecture discussions
- Perform code reviews and promote coding best practices
- Act as a technical resource to other development team members
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Integrate functionality and data via API calls
- Client-side data and state management
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Must have a diploma/degree in computer science, geography, geographic analysis or equivalent
- Experience - A minimum of 7 years of work experience in front-end software development. Must also be skilled in the following:
- Experience architecting complex data-heavy applications
- Proficient knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Working knowledge of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling.
- Extensive experience managing application state, data refresh, etc.
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging software development technologies and practices.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement
REPORTS TO: VP, Software Development
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, our office is currently working fully remote. As the situation improves and it is deemed safe to return to work, we will be expecting employees to be able to commute to our office located in Toronto at 33 Bloor Street East.
About Environics Analytics
Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.