Reporting to the VP of Data Product Management, the Product Manager is responsible for supporting the development and management of Environics Analytics’ (EA) data product lines and life cycles. In particular, the Product Manager will work on and be responsible for a variety of Canadian and US Products, including Segmentation, Demographic, Financial, Behavioural, Attitudinal, Locational and Geographic data products.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to do the following:
- Work with different teams to ensure the successful release of new products, scheduled product updates and product enhancements
- Evaluate data products on our software platforms and to work with different teams to correct and resolve any data related bugs and issues
- Create product documentation, assist marketing with data release communication, and ensure that product specifications are properly entered within the CRM
- Understand the product life cycle and identify opportunities to enhance and make our data products more user friendly.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and look for new business opportunities
- Help develop and design new data products as well as test output
- Provide internal communication to sales teams on upcoming product enhancements and changes
- Work with our Client Services support teams to help address product questions and concerns
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Degree in Business, Geography and/or Marketing
- Experience – A minimum of 5 years of experience in:
- Designing and marketing purpose-built business solutions for target marketing and site location
- Significant experience in the concepts, practices and procedures of software development and marketing
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization and is approachable and easy to talk to. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, our office is currently working fully remote. As the situation improves and it is deemed safe to return to work, we will be expecting employees to be able to commute to our office located in Toronto at 33 Bloor Street East.
About Environics Analytics
Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.