Working closely with both software development and IT professionals, the DevOps engineer is responsible for building and scaling services on-premise and in our Azure cloud environments. Automating system health checks and the creation / maintenance of continuous integration (CI) pipelines are core to the position.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to complete the following:
- Improve CI/CD tooling across development, QA, staging and production environments.
- Build and maintain system monitoring and alerts.
- Integration of security analysis tools within the development pipeline
- Build and maintain highly available production systems.
- Manage Git / TFSVC code repositories
- NuGet package management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience - A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Managing production infrastructure using ARM Templates
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure and associated technologies
- CI/CD pipeline and release management using Azure DevOps Server
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Experience with containerization and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of security concepts, controls, and best practices
- Ability to present and communicate system architecture in a visual form
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging software development technologies and practices.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, our office is currently working fully remote. As the situation improves and it is deemed safe to return to work, we will be expecting employees to be able to commute to our office located in Toronto at 33 Bloor Street East.
About Environics Analytics
Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.