The Systems Architect is responsible for design, implementation, and support of enterprise systems.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises solutions. This is a hands-on position
- Develop system requirements based on the business needs and other constraints.
- Ensure systems are designed to meet high availability, performance, integrity, reliability, security, and compliance requirements
- Build, deploy, install, configure infrastructure components based on defined system standards and overall system design
- Ensure that all architectural products are maintained in the most current state by preventing lags or obsolescence
- Maintain architectural documentation and accurate records of design operations and steps taken during the structuring of a system
- Conduct acceptance tests to verify if a system is in accordance with fundamental requirements
- Modernize legacy systems
- Learn and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the information technology space
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Must have a BA/BSc in computer science, information technology, or computer engineering
- Technical Skills & Experience - Must have 3+ years of experience working in in an enterprise environment and knowledge of the following:
- Expertise in designing, building, and maintaining distributed, secure, highly-available, fault-tolerant, scalable systems
- Azure technologies and data services
- Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server, virtualization, HPE storage and compute products
- Knowledge of data management technologies and concepts including relational databases, NoSQL, ETL, master data management, data warehouse, big data, semi structured data
- Working knowledge of networking concepts: switching, routing, load balancing, firewalls, VNets, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc
- Strong understanding of security principles, controls, compliance frameworks, and best practices
- Knowledge of languages including some of the following: C#, Python, SQL, PowerShell, shell scripting
- Experience with Snowflake, Spark / Databricks, Alteryx, containerization, Kubernetes is an advantage
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging technologies and practices.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, our office is currently working fully remote. As the situation improves and it is deemed safe to return to work, we will be expecting employees to be able to commute to our office located in Toronto at 33 Bloor Street East.
About Environics Analytics
Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.