The Software Developer is responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging and enhancing proprietary applications to meet data modeling, analysis, and delivery requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to complete the following:
- Design and develop code to solve complex technical requirements related to the creation and delivery of geodemographic data and proprietary functionality.
- Design, develop, update, and maintain relational and non-relational databases.
- Design and develop code to solve complex issues.
- Debug code and write unit tests.
- Suggest enhancements to software products and tools.
- Provide support to internal and external customers for complex product/technical issues.
- Participate in the creation of technical documentation.
- Capable of working at a high technical level during all phases of software development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Must have a diploma/degree in computer science, geography, geographic analysis or equivalent
- Experience - A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a geodemography/software development environment. Must also be skilled in four or more of the following:
- Use of relational / non-relational databases (MS SQL Server, CosmosDB, Snowflake, MongoDB, etc.)
- Web and data technologies such as .NET, .Net Core, Dapper, Entity Framework, LINQ, Databricks, Spark
- Development Environment - Microsoft Visual Studio, VS Code
- Programming Languages - C#, Python
- Cloud infrastructure and distributed computing
- Experience with unit testing libraries such as xUnit, MSTest
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging software development technologies and practices.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, our office is currently working fully remote. As the situation improves and it is deemed safe to return to work, we will be expecting employees to be able to commute to our office located in Toronto at 33 Bloor Street East.
About Environics Analytics
Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.