The Software Developer is responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging and enhancing proprietary applications to meet data modeling, analysis, and delivery requirements.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to complete the following:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Integrate functionality and data via API calls
- Client-side data and state management
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Must have a diploma/degree in computer science, geography, geographic analysis or equivalent
- Experience - A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a geodemography/software development environment. Must also be skilled in the following:
- Proficient knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Strong understanding of JavaScirpt / TypeScript, including libraries and frameworks, such as, React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling.
- Experience managing application state, data refresh, etc.
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging software development technologies and practices.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, our office is currently working fully remote. As the situation improves and it is deemed safe to return to work, we will be expecting employees to be able to commute to our office located in Toronto at 33 Bloor Street East.
About Environics Analytics
Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.