Reporting to the SVP, Practice Leader of the Retail, Real Estate and Travel (RET) group, the Sales Consultant brings high energy and business acumen to the role. This individual is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the residential real estate, fitness and restaurant market by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to do the following:
- Achieve sales targets consistently.
- Identify and cultivate sales prospects.
- Gain business from existing and prospective clients by selling in a consultative manner.
- Demonstrate products and services to existing and prospective clients and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for existing and prospective clients.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong working relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Research sources for developing prospective clients and for information to determine their potential.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits to identify, qualify and cultivate potential opportunities.
- Identify advantages and compare organization’s products/services to that of the competition.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to ensure client’s needs and expectations are met.
- Manage sales processes and work flow for projects to meet targets and achieve corporate objectives.
- Keep abreast of product developments, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through continuous research and study.
- Participate in trade shows and conventions, effectively representing EA and promoting its’ products and services
- Provide management with updates on client needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - Post-secondary degree in Geography, Business or related field
- Experience - Minimum of 4-5 years of sales experience, preferably in data and analytics
- Technical Skills – Expertise in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as facility with other software applications including EA’s proprietary ENVISION product.
- Initiative – Demonstrate range of approaches in prospecting for new business, continually building and expanding industry segment penetration.
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
- Client Focus – Demonstrate strong business acumen. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients and acts with the client in mind. Establishes effective relationships and gains and maintains the trust and respect of clients.
- Presentation Skills – Able to create and deliver informative, compelling presentations that capture and keep the audience’s attention – both in person and via Teams. Uses a strong voice, consistent eye contact, and exudes a confident presence. Observes the reactions of the audience and adjusts tone, pace, style and content to address any issues.
About Environics Analytics
Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.