The Senior Accounting Specialist will oversee the monthly financial close process; and assist in the preparation of the company’s consolidated financial statements by preparing various general ledger reconciliation, entries, and schedules. The Senior Accounting Specialist will also be responsible for the maintenance, interpretation, and application of EA’s accounting policies.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare monthly revenue and direct cost recognition schedule that conforms with the company’s accounting policies
- Monitoring of operating expenses and exercise professional judgement to determine appropriate expense recognition, accruals or amortization
- Royalty calculations, reporting, & reconciliation
- Prepare journal entries and perform various general ledger tracking and reconciliation
- Management and tracking of Prepaid Expenses and Capital Expenditures; including determining appropriate accounting policies to apply
- Assist in preparation of all monthly/quarterly/annual continuity schedules
- Reconciliation of Recovered Cost Expenses against client related billings
- Tracking and reconciliation of intercompany transactions; including eliminating entries and foreign exchange adjustments for consolidation
- Other ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Oversee the monthly financial close process, including coordinating with sales and other departments
- Assist in developing and maintaining financial policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Assist in preparation of monthly and annual budgets, as well as analyzing results and variances
- Weekly reconciliation of sales billing and forecast
- Assist with weekly Bank Reconciliation and Cash Forecasting
- Maintain product tables, royalty rates, and pricing
- Assist with automation and other business process improvements
- Build strong working relationships with all groups in the organization to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Experience & Expertise
- Passion for financial reporting and operational excellence.
- 7+ years of related accounting, and financial reporting experience
- Strong understanding of the financial reporting processes, and Balance Sheet reconciliation
- In-depth understanding of IFRS accounting standard
- Thrives in a fast pace, high growth environment
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous experience using QuickBooks, CRM Dynamics, and SAP is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and build strong working relationships with various stakeholders
- Education – Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance/Accounting/Business
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively. Strong time-management skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Communication Skills – Strong communicator with the ability to explain complex ideas and concepts in simple terms. Open and honest communication with a high degree of integrity. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
About Environics Analytics
As one of North America’s premier marketing and analytical services companies, our mission is to make people’s lives better and our clients more successful through transformative data insights and analytics.
Environics Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.