We are looking for a full stack developer with strong front-end skills. You will work within a small group, building new applications from scratch, composed of a .net core backend and a UI programmed in Typescript using React. Our customers rely on our comprehensive data, purpose-built software and analysis to deliver actionable insights. So, we expect you to share your expertise with others, work closely and collaborate with our brilliant software development team, product managers, analysts and UX team to present these highly sophisticated and accurate data models for them. We currently work in a Hybrid setup (two days per week), in our fantastic office located in Toronto at 33 Bloor Street East. Great coffee is on us!
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfil the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to complete the following:
- Design and develop high quality solutions to solve complex technical requirements related to the creation and delivery of geodemographic data and proprietary functionality.
- Collaborate with teams across to improve our product, architecture, and engineering practices
- Capable of working at a high technical level during all phases of software development, seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Provide support to internal and external customers for complex product/technical issues.
- Suggest enhancements to software products and tools.
- Participate in the creation of high-quality technical documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education - diploma/degree in Computer Science, Geography, Geographic Analysis or equivalent
- Experience – A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a software development environment. You should be skilled in the following:
- Database technology such as MS SQL Server, Snowflake
- Development Environment - Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Familiarity with React framework, programming in Typescript
- Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure and distributed computing
- Familiarity with unit testing libraries such as xUnit
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs workflows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Skills Development – Demonstrates willingness and ability to continuously acquire new technical skills and adapt to emerging software development technologies and practices.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
ABOUT ENVIRONICS ANALYTICS:
- Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
- EA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.
- At EA, you will solve meaningful and challenging tasks with a friendly team of the most brilliant minds. We hire personality, not just a pair of hands. Here you're free to express your unique qualities, explore different domains and technologies that interest you.