Working across analytics and client-facing teams, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of analytics projects. The Project Manager will support multiple projects and multiple teams and will be required to stay up to date on the moving parts and nuances of the project and the groups within the organization that contribute to the project for which they are responsible. The Project Manager leverages experience in and knowledge of Environics Analytics’ data products, geospatial methodologies, and software deployments to guide/support problem-solving, decision-making, process, and best-practice development. The successful candidate will be flexible, determining when a traditional PM approach is best or when a more customized approach would be most effective.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communicates effectively with the client, project teams and other stakeholders to ensure all project requirements and milestones are understood and delivered
- Instills confidence and respect in senior leadership, through an ability to communicate confidently with facts and data concisely and precisely
- Creates, executes, and tracks project plans including internal and external methodology decisions, communication plans, GANTT Charts including project resource assignment, scope management plan, risk management plan, stakeholder management, quality management and resource management
- Navigates the competing priorities of different project teams, the client, and client facing teams to balance client satisfaction, scope, and minimizing risk to other projects with competing timelines according to the project plan
- Negotiates and provides guidance on the prioritization of projects and/or tasks, and resources between multiple teams and projects in a diplomatic manner
- Effectively communicates and guides staff through the project management process
- Negotiates with stakeholders to meet project deadlines
- Effectively chairs all project meetings
- Resolve issues and/or escalates where appropriate
- Ensures the mechanisms of change management are in place and effectively executed
- Creates clarity and alignment internally and with the client in defining project objectives and deliverables
- Identifies opportunities for finding efficiencies, standardization, and scalability in the analytics project process and deliverables, and works across teams and stakeholders to build consensus and create
- Supports PMO in creating project management resources and best practices that can be leveraged across the organization
- Supports sales and account management in working with analytics teams to estimate effort/timing and scope for project enhancements, change requests, or new projects
- Ensures alignment with applicable and current compliancy requirements
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- University or College education in a related field
- 3+ years direct experience in project management preferably with some experience with data or analytical projects
- Client-side experience is an asset
- Understanding of both traditional and agile project management methodologies and the ability to execute against both
- Demonstrate project management skills including requirements gathering, scope management, negotiation, and leading discovery sessions
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Proficient using MS Project and Excel
- PMP certification is an asset
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively. Ability to multi-task. Organizes or schedules other people. Converts SOWs into clearly structured project schedules, with a clear understanding of which tasks can be competed simultaneously and who is responsible for each task (clear understanding of roles and responsibilities in the project process).
- Critical Thinking – Uses critical thinking to identify gaps in SOW and timelines provided by team members to minimize risks of projects exceeding budget or timeline. Applies critical thinking to fully understanding the implications of methodological decisions or deployment decisions (UI) on the client’s business question, ultimately providing the “360” view to support decision-making.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans and communicate changes effectively building commitment and overcoming resistance.
- Problem-Solving – Able to precisely define complex problems and provide recommendations to support their resolution.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form. Able to adapt highly technical concepts/methodologies for clients or client-facing teams. Also, able to adapt communication style to audience (e.g., detail-oriented clients vs. high-level clients, decision-makers, etc.)
ABOUT ENVIRONICS ANALYTICS
- Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
- EA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.
- At EA, you will solve meaningful and challenging tasks with a friendly team of the most brilliant minds. We hire personality, not just a pair of hands. Here you're free to express your unique qualities, explore different domains and technologies that interest you.