Reporting to the Vice President, Project Management Office the Senior Project Manager will support EA’s Clean Room initiative, working alongside the Product Owner(s), software development, data governance, quality assurance and IT teams to achieve Clean Room feature completeness, ensure business requirements are met and progress is made through the product backlog.
As a leader you will serve as the intermediary between the Project Sponsor, IT (Information Technology), the project team, and other business partners for interpreting business and technical requirements and turning these into business solutions and defining/executing project deliverables. You will assist the software development team to move toward self-organization while ensuring the development team has what they require to efficiently execute their work and upholding agile principles.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to do the following:
- Work with the Product Owner to set priorities and scope of sprints, bug fixes and other development priorities
- Ensure backlogs are refined and prepared for the next development sprint or project
- Facilitate applicable agile ceremonies and ensure balanced participation by development and QA teams
- Monitor and ensure the traceability of work items as a form of documentation
- Support the team by facilitating collective decision-making, goal setting and conflict resolution and improve team performance by promoting joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues
- Support the Product Owner in maintaining the product backlog to assure that the work is well understood so the team can continuously make progress
- Oversee and inform the change management process and communicate change to identified relevant stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and ensure effective and transparent executive reporting
- Support and monitor the release process by organizing teams and documenting release plans
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, schedules, and scope changes to key stakeholders
- Manage risks, triage, and escalate issues as necessary
- Have an innovative approach to reformulate, improve procedures, and define solutions to problems
- Continually work towards making improvements for and with the development team via scrum ceremonies or other learning opportunities
- Represents any PMO-mandated activity through to relevant stakeholder teams
- Ensures alignment with applicable compliancy requirements
- Education – University or College degree in a related field.
- Project Management (PMP) certification is an asset
- Certified SCRUM Master (CSM) is an asset
- Experience – 4-6 years direct experience in project management with experience with software projects or teams.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against both traditional and agile project management methodologies
- Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle is required
- Basic database knowledge will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience managing technical and complex projects
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban, Scrum…etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate work across teams toward project completion
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining scrum artifacts and ceremonies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications including Visio and Visual Studio
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps, and/or Microsoft Project
- Critical Thinking – Uses critical thinking to identify gaps in SOW and timelines provided by team members to minimize risks of projects exceeding budget or timeline. Applies critical thinking to fully understanding the implications of methodological decisions or deployment decisions (UI) on the client’s business question, ultimately providing the “360” view to support decision-making
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans and communicate changes effectively building commitment and overcoming resistance.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively. Ability to multi-task. Organizes or schedules other people.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals demonstrating persistence in overcoming obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' agreement.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
ABOUT ENVIRONICS ANALYTICS
- Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
- EA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.
- At EA, you will solve meaningful and challenging tasks with a friendly team of the most brilliant minds. We hire personality, not just a pair of hands. Here you're free to express your unique qualities, explore different domains and technologies that interest you.