Reporting to the Director of Account Management, the Account Manager is responsible for maintaining, growing and expanding existing relationships with key accounts and supporting the sales effort in acquiring new clients. From the earliest stages of the account relationship, the Account Manager is expected to become the expert that clients and internal staff can turn to for guidance on solving business needs using EA products and services. Once a project or license has been confirmed, the Account Manager blends their sector expertise with a deep understanding of the clients’ challenges to ensure that the Insights team understands the business needs and uses the right analytical approach for client work. The Account Manager also provides guidance on – and ultimately validates – the client deliverables. As the go-to person within EA regarding a client’s business objectives, challenges and industry situation, the Account Manager, together with their Sales counterparts, is responsible for developing and managing the account plan for key relationships.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to:
- Effectively onboard new clients (in collaboration with Client Services) including helping to identify custom training opportunities.
- Maintain and grow client relationships while ensuring a high degree of client satisfaction with the deliverables, level of responsiveness and overall value-add provided by the team.
- Demonstrate a strong level of understanding of the clients’ industry sector and the clients’ business environment, including macro/micro trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Follow up, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Participate in client strategy sessions, lead client meetings and work to uncover and identify client needs; identify potential solutions using EA’s data, software and services.
- Lead and/or participate in client presentations, sharing insights and experiences to provide value to clients.
- Identify new product and sales opportunities with clients and pass along to Sales Consultants for follow up.
- Provide Insights Analysts with client-facing exposure (where relevant) to improve their understanding of how EA work is used by clients, to help produce more effective deliverables and to help with professional development.
- Act as the go-to resource for all internal teams (Client Service, Data Solutions, Custom Analytics) regarding clients’ business requirements.
- Plan, develop and manage – together with the appropriate Sales Consultant or Practice Leader – an account plan to guide EA’s client engagement and development process (e.g. broaden and deepen the account relationship); this plan includes both qualitative and quantitative/financial targets.
- Work with Sales Consultant or Practice Leader to ensure clients’ licenses for data and/or platforms are renewed.
- Help to mentor and train Account Coordinators and Account Managers.
- Collaborate with sales counterpart to support with acquiring new clients
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education – Post-secondary degree in Geography, Business or related field
- Experience – Minimum of 2+ years of account management experience (relationship management rather than just pure sales experience). Industry experience in banking, credit unions, insurance and other financial services is preferable. Experience with data analytics, campaign management and measurement, or digital marketing would be an asset.
- Client Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients and acts with the client in mind. Establishes effective relationships and gains and maintains the trust and respect of clients.
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information. Uses intuition and experience to complement data-based insight.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including the appropriate people in the decision-making process. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supporting and explaining the reasoning for decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Effectively prioritizes and plans work activities, and demonstrates the ability to multi-task.
- Results-Oriented – Focused on establishing clear and realistic targets, both internally and with clients, and establishing timelines, processes and milestones to ensure completion.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.
- Presentation Skills – Able to create and deliver informative, compelling presentations that capture and keep the audience’s attention – both in person and via Teams. Uses a strong voice, consistent eye contact, and exudes a confident presence. Observes the reactions of the audience and adjusts tone, pace, style and content to address any issues.
- Technical Skills – Expertise in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as facility with other software applications including EA’s proprietary ENVISION product.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of workflows and deliverables. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets buy-in.
ABOUT ENVIRONICS ANALYTICS
- Environics Analytics (EA) is a marketing services company that specializes in geodemographic-based segmentation, site evaluation modelling and custom analytics.
- EA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation to participate in the hiring process please note the request in your application. We welcome people of all abilities.
- At EA, you will solve meaningful and challenging tasks with a friendly team of the most brilliant minds. We hire personality, not just a pair of hands. Here you're free to express your unique qualities, explore different domains and technologies that interest you.
- We are currently working with a hydrid model. We spend two days a week in the office with our immediate colleagues and the rest of the week working from home.